Brows speak louder than words, babes. Microblading is a semi-permanent technique to help create beautiful faux-hair strokes that help you wake up ready to take on your day without the hassle. Our #BosBabes are experts in microblading, shading and ombre techniques, allowing them to give each person a custom look that is ideal for them. Ready to learn about Microblading and see if this amazing service is right for you?
Microblading $399 | Powder fill or shade add on $50 | Second session $150 | Annual touch up $199
IS MICROBLADING RIGHT FOR ME?
If you have any of the following, Microblading will most likely not currently be the solution for you:
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- Excessive sebum (oily skin)
- Severe Acne in that area
- Keloid scarring
- Overly dry skin
- Iron deficiency
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult with your Dr)
- Viral infection (diseases)
- Has had Botox within a 3 week period of your appointment
- Has used Accutane in the past 6 months
- Has had a organ transplant
There are also various contraindications that will determine if you are an appropriate candidate for the procedure.
IS MICROBLADING THE SAME AS EYE BROW TATTOOING?
Microblading is a not an eyebrow tattoo – This is a new procedure that uses semi-permanent pigment and is done closer to the surface of the skin. It is not a forever-tattoo and will fade over time. Microblading creates natural, fuller, brush-stroke look that many women strive for. Eyebrow tattoos tend to give more of a filled in, solid line type of look, while Microblading creates the look of detailed, individual hairs. If done by a good artist, these brows can last you 2-3 years. With annual touch-ups, they can last as long as you’d like!
IS THERE ANY DOWN TIME?
After the procedure, you will be provided with an aftercare product as well as very important aftercare instructions. These must be used and followed carefully to ensure the procedure area heals properly. (Your brows are only as good as your aftercare) There is no down time for Microblading, however, the area may be red and a little swollen. This is not a quick fix beauty treatment and you have to be prepared to endure all the healing stages of Microblading. Please note that your brows will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days (30-40% darker). They may also look thicker in shape. This is completely normal as the excess pigment is sitting on top of your skin. This will gradually fade during the healing process.
It will typically take 7-14 days for the brows to peel/flake. They may appear very light underneath after they peel due to the tissue still healing from the inside out, even though the surface has healed. Your skin heals over the top of the strokes and will naturally exfoliate itself. The true color will reveal itself once fully healed. Again, this all depends your skin. High quality pigments and equipment are used to ensure the best results but do not guarantee how your skin will react to the procedure.
WILL I NEED A TOUCH UP?
It is recommended unless you are satisfied with your brows after your initial appointment. Touch up appointments are important to achieve an excellent result with Microblading. Some may be discouraged with the results after the first procedure’s healing. The touch up allows the opportunity to adjust colour, shape and fill in gaps in areas that did not retain pigment. Everyone heals differently. A touch up is recommended to be performed between 4-6 weeks after the initial appointment. Touch-ups are usually at a reduced rate.
Although some heal quicker than others, the skin is typically still healing below the surface up to the 4-6 week mark. Performing a touch up before then risks the results of the first application and the overall procedure.
WILL MY BROWS BE TOTALLY PERFECT?
No. And to expect perfect eyebrows is unrealistic. Microblading is a form of art and the best way to ensure that you will be satisfied is to find an artist with a ‘signature style’ that you can relate to. look for before and after photos, read the reviews on their social media platforms.
Microblading is a unique artistry that guarantees soft, natural looking eyebrows. The semi-permanent makeup pigment mimics your natural hair strokes for a more natural look than topically applied cosmetic makeup.
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY MICROBLADING PROCEDURE?
- If you have an ideal shape, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment.
- If you are particular with your shape, you may fill in your eyebrow as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- Avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin and ibuprofen as they are natural blood thinners.
- Do not drink any alcohol 24 hours before and limit the amount of caffeine you consume. This will affect the colour deposit and may make you more prone to sensitivity and/or cause more bleeding.
- If you tint your brows, tint them at least one week before your appointment
- It is highly recommended that you avoid intense sun exposure and tanning bed exposure for 20 days before and after your procedure. If you show up to your appointment with a new tan or sunburn, you will need to reschedule.
- Avoid waxing the procedure area 2-3 days prior.
- Avoid getting any type of facial peel at least one week prior.
- You may want to shower ahead of time because you will need to avoid getting them wet after the appointment.
AFTER CARE (7-10 Days)
After care is crucial for optimal results.
- Keep Brows totally dry for dry heal or use ointment from provider for hydrated healing
- Avoid getting the area wet for up to 10 days, which includes keeping your face dry during a shower.
- Don’t wear makeup on that area until your brows are fully healed. This is because the pigments are still settling in to the shallow cuts in your skin caused by the blading.
- Don’t pick at scabs, tug, rub or itch the eyebrow area until fully healed
- Avoid sun, saunas, swimming, and excessive sweating until the area is completely healed